Despite a surprising overall drop in e-commerce sales on Cyber Monday, Locally, the premier online-to-offline shopping network, saw an enormous 501% increase during the important holiday shopping weekend. The results highlight the new reality of shoppers who researched their purchases online but preferred an at-store pickup or same-day delivery.
Continuing a multi-year trend, Locally also saw a 430% overall increase in "o2o" (online-to-offline) transactions for the month of November.
I speak to hundreds of shops per week - all of which are seeing increased footfall driven by high-quality online engagements. Many of them agree that while shoppers really do prefer to start their product research online, most will end up heading to a nearby store for pickup, fitting, service, installation, or perhaps to ask a few more detailed questions. Our average retailer is getting tens of thousands of in-stock referrals per month. Google estimates that almost 70% of those shoppers will head to a local store after seeing that a product is in-stock.
Tom Whelan, Locally Retailer Activation Manager
Other Locally Black Friday Stats:
- Locally powered over 50M shopper engagements.
- 2.57M unique shoppers found the products they are researching at a nearby store.
- The platform made 8.2M in-stock-nearby product referrals.
- Nearly 12,000 stores received at least one in-stock product referral.
- Nearly 200,000 stores received an address, call, or directions referral.
Most Popular Brands:
If You're a Retailer:
- Claim Your Account - to control your store(s) details
- Share Inventory with Shoppers - Locally connects with dozens of POS systems, for free
- Accept Online Transactions for Pickup - BOPIS/ROPIS
- Offer Same-Day Delivery - through our delivery network
- Review Local Analytics - find out what's popular near you
If You're a Brand or Manufacturer:
- Get a Demo - and see how Locally drives shoppers to nearby purchases