At Locally we understand how mass closings and public uncertainty being driven by Covid-19 can negatively affect our partners. Small local businesses are most vulnerable to the possibility of slowdowns in shopper traffic or worse, business grinding to a complete halt. While everyone does their part to protect themselves and their loved ones, at Locally we also feel a deep importance in helping our family of business partners and are taking action to do so.
As there is increasing public concern about unnecessary travel and spending time outside the home, being able to efficiently serve your local community is becoming more relevant than ever. Capturing any shopper opportunities for sales may be critical to local businesses, so Locally is taking the following actions:
Our Customer Success team is working extended hours to assist brands and retailers with managing changing store information, connecting their inventory to Locally, and enrolling in In-Store and Curbside Pickup/Same Day Delivery
- Stores that are closing: log in and mark each store(s) as temporarily closed via the “Hours” tab within your locations pages. Locally staff is assisting with bulk updates when needed.
- Still open? Make sure your inventory feed is live. Still haven't enrolled in accepting transactions? Get started.
We have negotiated a 70% rate cut with our delivery enablement partner. The new monthly cost of our Same Day Delivery app is now $10/month per location.
Retailers in over 300 hundred cities in the US can offer same or next-day delivery via Postmates or Deliv.
- Retailers, set this up today. Get going at locally.com/go/same-day-delivery
- Discount delivery fees by offering a coupon. Contact email@example.com to configure a coupon.
- Promote same-day pickup via marketing assets for email and social media. Download templates here, or access the templates and edit with Canva: Instagram | Instagram Stories | Facebook | Email | Twitter.
Retailers offering Buy Online Pickup In Store (BOPIS): encourage physical distancing and message to customers that "Curbside Pickup" is available.
Encourage shoppers to pick up the items they purchased outside with the messaging feature in Locally's shopping cart. For how to message, check out locally.com/go/buy-it-locally.
We’re working with our brand partners to ensure we’re doing everything we can to connect shoppers and stores.
Locally is working hand in hand with brand partners to make sure every inch of online real estate that can be used to direct shoppers to purchases that support businesses in their nearby community is being fully realized.
Just as the health and well being of our families and communities is crucial to us personally, so is the well being of our business partners. For those who remain open to serve their communities these days and weeks, every sale may make a difference. In support of them we are doing all we can to expose their inventory to online shoppers and ease the shopping process. We encourage all of our partners to participate in this action.
We look forward to these days passing and life returning to normal for everyone.
Wishing you all the best,